Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Update from the Andes


Thought you might like a brief update on our daughter Kelsey...blogging without knowing it...

Hey everyone!

Unlike my dad, I am not the "blogging" type, so I hope that an email update will suffice! :)

I've been here in Quito for almost three weeks now, and I just now am starting to feel settled. Here in the past week, several things have come together with my apartment--internet, kitchen appliances, etc. I am still pending a dryer hook up--so in the meantime I have laundry lines hanging all over the apartment.

I am really loving it here. I know I may still be in the honeymoon phase, but it has been a great honeymoon thus far! The faculty and students here at AAI are great, and I enjoy teaching and coaching.

I am teaching ESL Bible and writing classes, as well as coaching JV girls basketball. My Bible class is great. I have four different countries represented, and most all of the kids have no knowledge of the gospel. I basically get to spend an hour with them a day, walking them through the Old Testament and talking about how God is continually redeeming His people. Please be praying for their understanding of both English and the Bible.

Thank you for your prayers in regards to relationships; I have already made some very good friends here at school. There are lots of young, single girls who are here for the purpose of loving God and loving kids, and it has been really encouraging to spend time with them.

I attended a Spanish speaking church called La Fuente last Sunday, and plan on meeting with them again this Sunday. I ask that you all could be praying for both my language learning and search for biblical community.

Thank you for your support in prayer as I "do life" here in Ecuador. Today in Bible discussed the fall of Jericho. It was new material to them, and a great reminder for me--- the same God that made walls fall by the sound of a trumpet 1500 BC is the same God I am serving here in Quito and that you are serving in the US.....AWESOME.

.
For those of you that are interested...here is the best way to continually stalk me on social media:

skype: kelseynichols.
facebook: Kelsey Nichols
twitter: nicholskelsey
Instagram: kelseynichols2


Love you, miss you, and am SO very thankful for you all! Please let me know ways I can be praying for you.

Blessings,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment